Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Trying something new on Tuesday...

Today, well last night more accurately, I decided to try something new.  I took my shower before bed instead of this morning. I wanted to see if it would make a difference on my prep time.
The results:
-I love the way it feels crawling into bed after a bath/shower
-My hair was a rat's nest this morning, requiring the flat iron treatment
-I like my hair with the flat iron treatment
-I do not feel awake and refreshed since I didn't take my shower this morning
-My prep time was actually longer somehow.  I guess because normally I don't dry my hair.  It looks the same whether I blow dry or air dry so I usually do the latter.  Plus, blow drying is hard on your hair.

I am undecided on whether or not I will do this again.  The pros and cons even out so it's a tough one to call.

Something else I tried - not so much today on Tuesday - but over the weekend:  writing from a different character's POV.  So many people can pull it off but I didn't think it worked for me.  It wasn't bad, it just didn't fit.  I was hoping it would spruce up my story.  I am not giving up on the idea, but for now, I am sticking to my MC.

So what have you tried lately?  What were the results?

8 comments:

  1. Maybe try drying your hair before bed? When I sleep on mine wet at night it's greasy the next morning.

    I've tried eating less lately (As you know) and the results are that I'm irritated, yet I've lost several pounds and counting, so I refuse to give up!! GRRRR....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do that all the time. I also did what Kristin Rae suggested. I just never got the full energy that you get from taking that shower in the morning.

    I've tried not caring so much. I can be super emotional and get my feelings hurt very easily so the other night I chose to TRY and not let something bother me... apparently it's not working yet. Hey, it's a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shower twice each day. Wish I could wash my hair more often though. Because of the dye job it gets very, very dry whenever I wash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Devouring almost an entire bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough when the snow starting to come down again.
    I didn't make it.
    But I gave it a good try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pretty much ONLY shower at night. But that's because my kids keep me busy through the whole day! It's a bother but I kind of like that I don't have to dry it in the morning.

    Hey you said you were had some gaming poison on my blog, what kind of gaming are you into? I tried to respond to your comment through email but you don't have that option open. I'd love to hear...I'm kind of a gamer myself. Blame it on five brother's and a gaming husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey heather! about your comment on my blog: if i could go to the event i'd probably get Carter Finally Gets It by Brent Crawford, and Princess For Hire + Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt. Why do you ask, though?

    It's such a pity I can't go there, since when I was in the US I used to live in Houston, so if I still lived there I would SO totally visit it! I even used to live near Alief Taylor High School...but oh wells! If you're going (since methinks you live in H-Town), I hope you have loads of fun!

    Oh, and about your questions on prose: Prose is basically the typical style in which we write books in. So poetic prose is writing books in a style that makes it poetic--that is, very nuanced--like Lauren O's writing. (I hope I made some sense!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the toss up between showering at night/in the morning! I swap back and forth typically, but don't really have a preference...you're right, the pros/cons are just too close to call!

    As for me, I've been in a rut and haven't tried anything new lately! Le sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I love showering before bed but suffer from the same horrible morning hair.
    It's heinous.
    I end up throwing my head in the tub or under the sink and starting over.
    :)

    ReplyDelete