Thursday, February 24, 2011

Does that sparkle with all the girls? Sunshine!

Just incase you are wondering, yes, I am feeling a little bit better.

Now, on to the point.

I am definitely not the most positive person in the world, I don't try to hide that. I consider myself not so much negative (yes, maybe I am in denial) but more realistic. I don't sugar coat much, if anything and I don't hide behind rose-colored glasses.  Sometimes my outlook makes people laugh.  Sometimes it affects me more than I'd like to admit.  Sometimes I let it get me down.  WAY down.



In catching up on blogs, I've had some time to reflect.   I've read posts about the what ifs and mantras and have thought about the issues I am having at work and asked myself, "what do I do now?".

I have really just one thing to say.  Sparkles, Sunshine, Rainbows, and Unicorns.  If something isn't going my way, or if I get in a "mood", I just repeat it.  Sparkles, Sunshine, Rainbows, and Unicorns.  It's my new mantra.  Fake it 'til you make it, right?  I am trying hard to have a more positive demeanor.  Trying REAL hard.  I have 35 years of cynical thinking to undo.  What can I say?  One day at a time!

I was somewhat inspired by a South Park (Season 11) episode called "The List".  I'm a back and forth watcher.  Sometimes I am in the mood, sometimes they take it too far.  This episode CRACKS me up.  I tried to find a clip on YouTube but looks like the South Park peeps have that on lock down. If you have Netflix, just watch it.  Yes, there are inappropriate words.  But you will laugh.  I hope. 

PS - HAPPY FRIDAY EVE!

7 comments:

  1. Friday eve! I like that!!!

    I read a post from a classmate yesterday talking about being optimistic in a pessimistic world. I think attitude and outlook are everything and they can either carry us through or put us under.

    If sparkles and rainbows and unicorns work for you, then mantra away :D

    Cheers!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your mantra and seeing as I am a fan of sparkles (my blog has sparkle dust all over it to keep you coming back to me - awesome I know) this post automatically rocked.

    Well Ms. Sunshine that means that your happy self will get to meet my happy self next Friday evening at a funtastic event!!! PS Are you guys going to be on this side of town early?! We should all do dinner together! I big blogger meetup beforehand! You can email me at jenniferdaiker(at)gmail(dot)com until then I'll get in touch with Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like me. lol. I have a friend who I call my sunshine and roses friend sometimes I just look at her and wonder why she got all the perk and I got just a sliver. Good luck with the positivity...I'm gonna go grumble in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You already know I think the mantra is great, and I think you for hitting me upside the head with it when I need a good THWAP! ;) Welcome back to the blogging world!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the most part, you can't control the things that happen around you, but you can control the way you respond to them. Nice saying, huh? I'm still working on my pessimistic attitude. I'm a doomsdayer by nature.

    Good luck with your mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy you're feeling better! Cute mantra...hope lots of unicorn smiles come your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Sparkles"
    (http://www.southparkstudios.com/ - it's all there)

    ReplyDelete