1. I'm having a hard time writing lately. My MC just isn't speaking to me right now. Isn't it too early for that? I know I am very much in the early stages -- brainstorming, character building, research...but I just really want to get the words out. I just seem to have misplaced them all.
2. I saw a movie last night. A BAD one. I won't name names, but it was just abysmal. We laughed the entire time from the story, to the acting, to the cheesy looks everyone gave each other. I've decided that the very famous person in this movie must have lost a bet to act in this.
3. A very old wound was reopened this week. It's funny to me how someone who has wronged so severely can just act like nothing happened. I don't care if it's been 15 years. The events of that day changed my life in ways I can't explain. Is it wrong to expect someone to apologize after so long? Just a quick - "Hey, how's life? I'm sorry that I lied about you, to you, threw you out on the street with nowhere to go. Oh, and yeah, sorry about punching you and breaking your glasses."
Is that too much to ask?
4. I really hate preparing for garage sales.
5. I am absolutely obsessed with Carrie Ryan this week.
6. I need to find something about me that I like - a feature. I can easily make a list of the things about me I hate, but I can't find one single that I like. No, I really am NOT fishing for compliments. I'm talking physical features. It's harder than it sounds.
7. I long to be pure of mind and of heart. I need to figure out how to get there.
8. I am planning to for the first time ever go to a midnight showing of a movie. Harry Potter deserves such a send off, I believe.
9. I vowed last year never to dye my hair again. I am 35 and probably 60-70% grey. It's almost halfway grown out. It's patchy but some underneath parts are totally white. I was cleaning and found some old boxes of dye under the cabinet. I am SO tempted right now...must..be.strong.
10. I am so jealous that all of you have so much to offer in terms of writing advice and experience. I am also very appreciative of all you for the same reasons. I am soaking it up like a little, well - chubby, sponge and one day I hope to blow your minds with something that I can give back to you. For now, I am content being the court jester.
As always, Happy Friday Eve, y'all!